Very Important! Always use a pattern before painting on your fabric.
Use fabric paint to paint on your fabric.
In 2004 it was the first time that I painted the designs by hand for my Yuna (Summoner) costume, my friend helped me. The biggest Design I have ever painted was my Midna cosplay back in 2007. In 2010 I painted Fang’s Sari Design on a white ribbon, it’s 8 meters long. I thought this was the best option for me at that time but there are more ways to create details on a costume.
More options for creating details:
- You can use heat n bond with a satin stitch.
- Foam covered in fabric
- Bias tape for edges
Maybe you will even find another solution, share it! We cosplayers love using different techniques and developing new skills.
- It can look good on most costumes (it depends on your character)
- Create a old/weathering effect
- It’s easy, that’s why I used it a lot on my own costumes
- It isn’t easy to remove the paint